Strava Update

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Knees, Gels and Bellyaches!

I am now on taper for next Fridays race, the Jurassic coast challenge in Dorset. I have been lucky enough to fall prey to the tummy bug that seems to have been going round and was unable to do a last long run before taper, however I feel mostly confident I have done enough work to prepare. We will see when I get to the start line on Friday. It is going to be the biggest challenge of my life ( not thought of it like that before I am now very nervous!) 3 marathons of road in 3 days is massive..

 I know doing this will give me a good feel for what a multi day endurance race is like, and will no doubt provide valuable lessons for MDS next year. I am looking forward however to getting back to running more normal distances after this, I am running the Mont St Michel marathon in France in May which should be a nice opportunity to get a marathon PB hopefully! I will post results here of the Jurassic coast race once I am back. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment